AMTRAK TRAIN HITS CAR ON TRACKS IN SANTA FE SPRINGS—HUNDREDS OF TRAIN ACCIDENTS OCCUR EACH YEAR (Part 2 of 2)October 20, 2009
An Amtrak train hit a car on the tracks on October 18, 2009. The accident occurred around 9 p.m. when a car was left on the railroad tracks. The occupants of the car, a mother and her daughter, got out of the car right before the train hit. It is still unclear how many people were injured on the train. The Federal Railroad Administration Office of Safety Analysis has published findings regarding trains and the summary of accidents. In 2009 on Amtrak:
- There were 78 fatalities and 719 nonfatal accidents;
- There were 17 derailments and 17 accidents were because of track causes;
- Ten of the accidents were caused by equipment and 10 of those were yard accidents;
- There were 245 nonfatal employee accidents and 47 fatal trespasser incidents;
- Six of the accidents were caused by human factors.
Being involved in a train accident may drastically alter your life and those of your family members. Although we may not be able to heal you immediately or go back and change the accident, we may be able to help you in this lawsuit. Give us a call now at 1-800-252-9776 (1-800-ALAWPRO) for a free and confidential consultation of your case. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay any fees or costs unless we win the case for you. So go to our website, www.alawpro.com to read more about train accidents and to read about our attorneys.
Would you like to read more about train accidents? Then go to Part 1: METROLINK VICTIMS AWARDED MILLIONS IN TRAIN CRASH IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY (Part 1 of 2)